We supply the very best infrared optics for a diverse range of applications across the Mid-Wave (MWIR) and Long-Wave (LWIR) spectra. Using diamond turning as well as conventional fabrication techniques, our process is tightly controlled to deliver your components on time and on budget — and always meeting or exceeding your specifications. Our industry-leading fabrication, project documentation and data deliverables ensure your success, no matter the application.
Hardin Optical has produced infrared optical components for defense, medical and commercial product applications. Our extensive list of successes includes optical systems for both small and large customers to meet their needs and deliver beyond their expectations.
We offer the following technical specifications for infrared optics:
- Infrared Materials:
- Crystalline: Ge, Si, ZnSe, ZnS, CaF2
- Metals: Al, Ni, brass, hard copper
- Other materials as requested
- 0.5mm – 450 mm diameters
- Wedge ≤ 0.003mm
- <=λ/ 8 P-V Surface Accuracies
- < 2.5nm RMS Surface Roughness (material dependent)
- Geometries include on and off-axis: spherical, aspheric, toroids, cylinders, and other free-form configurations
Hardin Optical is ISO 9001: 2008 registered.